Tacos El Gallo Giro
Food Truck, Tacos
Roosevelt Ave (btwn 74th & 75th St)
New York, NY 11372
- Try the Carne Asada taco at this cart, available daily from 6pm-6am. It's one of NYC's 26 best tacos!
- Get the cemita and quesadilla. Al Pastor, Carne Asada are amazing
- Best truck on the block. Pro move here is the quesadilla Al Pastor. Tortilla handmade la minute. So good. Carne Asada cemita is stellar as well
- The tortas are substantial and tasty. Good late night option.
- Best tacos I've ever had! Beats all the other trucks in the area!
- Try El Gallo Giro, which serves up a "whopping big torta" ($6). "Adventurous eaters should order the torta de lengua, constructed with slowly braised and triumphantly meaty beef tongue."
- best tacos of all the carts lined up. must haves are the steak, chicken and pork tacos w/ everything. in the mood for a sandwich? the roast pork torta doesn't disappoint either.
- I ride my bike out from Hells Kitchen for these food carts. This one is the best of the 3 vendors on this street. I'm a huge fan of Al Pastor tacos, but the cemitas are pretty solid too.
- $14 for three tacos and two Pepsi cans. Not bad considering the tacos are pretty large. Go Al Pastor.
- Get their steak tacos! If you feel hungrier, get a torta or a cemita.