St. Louis Cathedral
Church, Spiritual, Performing Arts
615 Pere Antoine Aly (at Chartres St)
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Oldest active Cathedral in the United States.
- Since 1727 New Orleanians have worshipped in churches on this site. A fire in 1788 burned the church to the ground. Construction of a new church began in early 1789, & was completed in December 1794.
- Beautiful cathedral, be sure to stay quite inside.
- Gentlemen: It's not that cold in here, so please remove your hats.
- Beautiful fresco on the ceiling.
- Try to get here right at dusk, so that as the sun turns off, the windows turn on. Breathtaking.
- The New Battle of New Orleans: say a prayer to end Violence, Murder, Racism.
- Show up early for mass.
- Tip-toe in and tip-toe out...there may be mass going on inside!
- Go to mass, an amazing celebration in America's oldest Catholic Church
- See the front during the day and the back during the night!
- Ice cold AC! Great place to cool off or pray.
- It's free to visit and the inside is beautifully painted and lit up with colors from the stained glass windows.
- beautiful weddings!
- light a candle to Mary in hopes that your prayers will come true.
- Mass is currently 12.05 PM daily. Hours do vary depending on the time of year, check website. Magnificent in so many ways. Mass here is always a joy to celebrate w/local & visiting parishioners.
- Delightfully creepy at night. The free walking tour is great
- Stunning - go inside and light a candle. Beautiful stained glass and murals.
- Gorgeous landmark... Kodak moment. Visit the museums!
- Don't forget to donate or light a candle for someone you know who needs it. This cathedral is beautiful! Such great positive energy.