Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall
Concert Hall, Rock Club, Event Space
665 W Jefferson Blvd (at Royal St.)
Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Follow @VH1DIVAS and use #VH1DIVAS to tag your tweets and share to Instagram! Watch the red carpet livestream at divas.vh1.com and tune in to the show at 9/8c on VH1!
- This is where The BET Awards was taped for the last 10 years! In 2013 here: http://betexperience.com ! Celebrate more LIVING Black History with us: http://bet.us/BHM
- This fabled landmark is known for playing host to glittering awards shows, but it's gone down in history as the venue where Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire in 1984.
- Been coming here since I was 11 for Shrine Halloween Dances and Shrine Circus for Rainbow Girls (www.GoCARainbow.org)
- In 1989, Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince made history here! The Philly-based rap duo become the first Rap act to win a Grammy for their song "Parents Just Don't Understand."
- Get there early because they can actually run out of parking!
- This is where Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire while taping a Pepsi commercial
- The Doors performed at L.A.'s Shrine Auditorium in December of 1967 with openers The Iron Butterfly and Sweetwater.
- new fav LA concert venue. Acoustics are superb and fun for dancing. Just enough space. Ps. If you have an AMF, well... Adios...
- Happy new year party
- A Los Angeles landmark! Beautiful old world feel. Great for music performances. Parking is limited so get to your event early.
- Worst concert experience ever, not a single person working at this venue knew what was going on. Lined up all day only to get pushed to the back.
- Bit meh for acoustics
- No open packs of cigarettes allowed!? Only in California.
- Soulection was , good spaces to explore and dance indoor and outdoor, hardly any seating but you won't want to with all the room for dancing.
- Lots of bars. Good view from most seats.
- Tritonal ; haven't been here in years and its still one of my favorite venues (:
- Small venue, so there aren't any bad seats. Bathrooms are downstairs, refreshments & alcoholic drinks are upstairs. Sound system was great!
- Amazing venue with a huge main hall and stage. Phenomenal audio and acoustics.
- Kinda beautiful inside and out. And I love that there are so many ladies bathroom stalls and bars. Sound system can be better though.