The Second City
1616 N Wells St (btwn Concord Ln & North Ave)
Chicago, IL 60614
- The world famous Second City, launched the careers of numerous SNL alumni, such improv greats as John Belushi, Bill Murray, Steve Carell, and Tina Fey.
- Chicago: A training ground for the likes of Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Steve Carell and others, this legendary comedy club now boasts -IFC Staff
- Even if you know nothing about improv, chances are you've heard of Second City.
- If youre up for laughs, you must stop into Second City. Its one of the best comedy clubs in the country and always a fun night. - Nikki
- " 101 Revue "was surprisingly hilarious! Better than "We are all in this room together"! Drinks are over priced.
- Everyone should see Second City at least once. It is one of the best sketch comedy venues in the country. Go to Adobo for margaritas and dinner beforehand.
- Reality is funnier than fiction and unintentional comedy is the best kind of comedy. These performers demonstrate just those things with their brilliant comedic skills!
- Go see the FREE Improv Set after most shows, you never know who is going to show up and play with the cast!
- Dear second city, I'm drunk and would like to drink more. Unfortunately you guys suck at taking drink orders. Sincerely a would be paying drink customer
- Unless you really want the souvenir glass, save your money. The free refills are hard to come by if you never see your server again until the end of the show.
- If you purchase the tickets on-site, you won't incur the ridiculous transaction fee from ordering them online. But, you'll need to purchase days ahead of time, as the shows will sell out.
- Order some food and drinks! Free refills with the souvenir glass!
- The improv classes are a great way to learn about team work and meet some great people.
- Really good fun. We were near the front and Im glad we werent picked on.
- Comedy & improv shows!
- Great show! Whatever you do, dont check your coat it takes so long since there's only one guy working at coat check
- You can hit the box office for tickets for a future show or just revel in the collective comedic talent that's performed here over the years, from Dan Aykroyd to Tina Fey to Amy Sedaris.
- The 54-year-old sketch comedy club has been turning out A-list starsTina Fey; Steve Carell; Stephen Colbertfor more than 50 years, and is still the place to catch fledgling writers and actors.
- Get there early for a good seat! They pull audience from the front for impromptu acts! Definitely a good time! Show lasted about 2.5 hours! (The best of second city)
- Open since 1959, Second City has offered the best in improv comedy for years. Be ready: you might get the chance to participate!