With cheap and strong drinks, the Sandy Hut is a true dive bar. They have dollar jello shots and a variety of games to play.
- If you'd never had suicidal thoughts prior to walking in, you've got them now. That's the magic of Sandy Hut.
- When the cue ball looks like this, it might be a "Dive"...
- Strip club on the outside. Dive bar on the inside. It's an Oreo of life!
- Shaded parking around back
- Great place to go to the bathroom when you get lost trying to find voodoo doughnuts.
- My favorite bar in Portland. Play some pool. Eat some fried stuff. Make a friend.
- Wings and lettuce wraps are the best jam here!
- Good dive, during the summer get the slushy
- Mai tais and crab legs!
- So much better since the change in ownership earlier this year. Food is delish, and exceeds its divey appearance. HH 2-7 M-F & all day Sunday.
- Fooooood. All the food. Especially the oysters and the calamari and the ribs and the wings. And the food.
- Fried oysters are excellent
- The Handy Slut is well stocked with all the dive bar essentials: weird musty smells, pool tables, greasy food, pinball cabinets and cigarette-smoke-saturated walls from decades of smoldering tobacco.
- Super divey. Not my scene, but if you live in the neighborhood, I could see this becoming your regular haunt.
- the booze is good here
- Bring hand sanitizer
- Jello shots! Yum
- the bartenders that made it worth going to have jumped ship, changing it from a place to meet, to a place you had some good times that you now discuss over drinks somewhere else.
- where the bar tender starts pouring your drink for you when you walk in the door, and the bar is at the other end of an open seating area and pool table, so its ready for you when you get to the bar
- Music Video DJ on Friday nights.