Rockridge Market Hall
5655 College Ave (at Shafter Ave)
Oakland, CA 94618
Lists & rankings
- Best cheese counter and selection of fine food in the Bay Area. Ask for samples... of ANYTHING!
- This market place has all your expensive and local food needs.
- High quality one stop shop for fresh pastas and baked goods, prepared foods, conventional and organic produce, Marin Sun Farms meats, fish, even flora.
- The Pasta Shop counter gives out free magnets with their pasta cook times on it. How helpful!
- such good service and vibe here. everything is delicious.
- Market Hall is like a mini-Chelsea Market NYC. Fish monger, butcher, fresh pasta shop, cheese shop, farm stand, and a bakery. Amazing quality of stuff. Not super cheap but there are good deals too.
- Closer to home is today! Great event celebrating urban farming and local food.
- Attitude plus++++++++++++
- The quiches & homemade pasta are consistently awesome. And the fresh pasta
- Grab a slice of pizza @ the bakery counter for a quick & yummy snack
- Good spot to find speciality cured meats like Guanciale
- A truly pre-hipster irony free European gourmand experience. All of it is delectable. And sometimes its just fun to walk through.
- Expensive but phenomenal food
- Pricey- but nice selection.
- You'll have to get there well before 5p for any chance at cheese samples. And always check for discounted fresh pasta.
- What don't they have? Saturdays are busy but a great day to sample items. Pasta shop, wine store, fish shop w/oysters on the half shell/sandwiches, butcher and an amazing cheese selection!
- Get some fresh pasta and some really old cheese.
- Had the fish & chips at the fish market, was amazing actually, wasn't your traditional battered-fried style, but was really really good and I'll be back for more.
- Great place for organic and healthier options... Little pricey though!
- Get the Jeni's Ice Cream. It's expensive, but the best in the country.