Rockefeller Plaza (btwn W 49th & W 50th St)
New York, NY 10112
Lists & rankings
- Covering 22 acres, Rockefeller Center is a complex of 19 commercial buildings that was built during the 1930s.
- World Famous. Always on the bucket list! Don't forget about the skating rink! Open Oct to Apr! How cool to say that you skated at the Rock!
- Visit the ice rink before Thanksgiving and Christmas to avoid the crowds. On Thanksgiving go between 9am and noon or expect a one- to two-hour wait.
- On Earth Day today, I was here to take a ride in NYC's first all-electric taxi.
- Frida Kahlo once told the New Yorker that her husband, Diego Rivera, lost a whopping hundred and twenty-five pounds while painting the controversial Rockefeller Center frescoes.
- In 2010, Tad Friend sought to achieve what had once been done by John Updike in 1956: to walk from the Empire State Building to Rockefeller Center without ever setting foot on Fifth or Sixth Avenue
- A vacant storefront was transformed into a makeup shop for The Smurfs movie. It was so convincing that passersby actually tried to enter it.
- In the bank at Rockefeller Plaza where he went to cash a check, the long-haired guard asked in a whisper if he could touch Mr. Zuckermans coat. Philip Roth, Smart Money.
- If youre going to go for a quadruple axel followed by a triple-toe-loop at the ice skating rink, a word of advice: its much easier to pull off while wearing skates.
- , , . .
- Today, I was here with the Public Art Fund to unveil Ugo Rondinone's "Human Nature" art exhibit.
- This has to be, the CLEANEST area in all of NY City. No question. Walking around there, you do realize how much money NBC makes, but its... TripAdvisor user on Jan 5, 2012. Read more reviews at
- Whats a stay in NYC without a visit to 30 Rock?
- Go to the Top of the Rock observation deck for magnificent views over Central Park. Also, get there early for the famous lighting of the tree in early December!
- "This is not just a cluster of buildings in New York City: it is a national symbol of distinguished corporate design, far and away the finest grouping of skyscrapers ever built." Paul Goldberger
- Take the NBC Studios Tour.
- Christmas Tree there is always a magical New York experience. But the crowds during that time are insane! We crossed to the other side of Fifth Ave in order to see it away from the huge crowd.
- the best place to get a view on NYC. 1000x better than going to the Empire State Building.
- Did you know? Around 1 million people walk through the Rockefeller Center every year.
- Um centro de degustacoes de varios tipos de comida