Other Outdoors, Scenic Lookout
- Come here at night it is beautiful
- A must see day or night
- A way to look over Roanoke, our small big little city!!
- Beautiful place to go and just enjoy the scenery. No other place like it.
- Beautiful views especially if you can catch the sunset! (If you go in the summer, bring bug spray)
- Free! Star turns on at 7pm, stays on til 12am. Parking lot small, so be mindful. Walking trails around the star. Overlook the whole city and mountain views. Absolutely stunning.
- The view over the valley...
- Worth the drive!
- Great place to watch storms roll in.
- Go see why Roanoke is called Star City!
- Day or night, the view is great
- Driving up is easier than trying to run up
- fun place to look out onto the city! had fun!
- Parking area is right by the star
- Amazing view.....
- The star can be driven right up to, but there are also some nice trails for hikers and fitness enthusiasts.
- Grate hike, beautiful view at the top.
- The views are amazing.
- Must be seen at night
- Got into a heated debate with my ex wife over appropriate volume levels on the car radio.... longest walk ever but the view was amazing.