515 S Main St (btw 5th & 6th Ave S)
Seattle, WA 98104
- An unmarked hole in the wall, this is the go-to for authentic Japanese food in the International District. There's a sushi bar and handful of tables that fill-up quickly. [Eater 38 Member]
- get the creamy scallops roll.
- The Friday lunch special of Shoyu Ramen and Gyoza with Rice is a bargain, but be prepared, as it draws big crowds and sells out.
- Sit at the sushi bar if you can; get the Omakase if its your first time. Sho's great with introducing new creations you wouldn't expect!
- Katsu curry is awesome
- Great hole in the wall spot. The lunch specials change by day, and are amazing!
- Got their tempura UDON! Love that they give variety/generous amt of tempura and their soup was perfect. Just what I needed on a cold,cloudy Seattle day. My friend got Curry Katsu which was also good!
- Amazing, fresh fish, great apps and fantastic value! Loved the beef tongue and okra salad
- Reservation is highly recommended. Really fresh nigiri at a decent price.
- Were turned off by the seating procedures, but mostly forgave this since the meal tasted great. But both my date & myself got sick within 20 minutes of finishing & had to race home for the bathroom
- The katsudon and sashimi are good!
- The service was attentive, the yellowtail was delicious, and the saba shioyaki was just right. I surprised myself by really enjoying the spicy creamy scallop roll, which is not normally my style.
- Sit at the sushi bar if you can, Sho is awesome. Sushi is good, and Sho gets super creative with his Omakase! But can't get a better Katsu-don anywhere else.
- Best Katsu curry I've had state-side
- Order omakesa style. When you do sushi will never be the same anywhere else.
- Cheap and amazing! Under-spoken with no sign and slightly dirty lanterns... but sushi no one could scoff at. I recommend just loading up on rolls.
- The history of a transplanted culture is still wonderfully fragrant in ID places like Kobo, the Panama Hotel, and hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop joints like Tsukushinbo.
- Best sake-steamed clams in the city.
- Do the Omakase.
- Like the food. Its fresh.