Punjabi Grocery & Deli
Deli / Bodega, Indian, Vegetarian / Vegan
114 E 1st St (btwn 1st Ave & Ave A)
New York, NY 10009
- Chai is pretty good.
- Get the small rice bowl w two vegetables for $3. It is a filling meal and tastier than an entree at a typical sit-down joint in Curry Hill
- Ask for yogurt & onions on your rice & vegetables after they come out of the microwave (no charge)
- So comforting to know that 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, someone is willing to hand you an awesome bowl of food for $3.50. The huge smiles are free. Reasonstolovenewyork.
- This slim takeout spot caters to NYU students and Indian cab drivers. The all-vegetarian food is very cheap and satisfying (try the rajma), good for late night snacks in the East Village.
- Go for the samosa and chickpeas chaat ($5.50). "Crisp samosas are split open and doused in spicy stewed chickpeas, tangy yogurt, sweet tamarind-date chutney, spicy cilantro chutney and raw onions.
- Go for the samosa and chickpeas chaat ($4). "Crisp samosas are split open and doused in spicy stewed chickpeas, tangy yogurt, sweet tamarind-date chutney, spicy cilantro chutney and raw onions."
- This place changed my life, not entirely sure if it was for the better, but I crave their chaat on a daily basis and I've been having samosa dreams
- Awesome Punjabi food, 24 hours!
- Must must must add some spicy pepper salsa from the containers along the table!
- Samosa chat was awesome! Great service and great ppl and so cheap!
- Everything is great here. Ask for yogurt on the side (or on top) if you want it! And the guys are so nice!
- take the small plate w/rice and two options of authentic Indian veggie for $3.50. sit on the stairs outside and let the flavors take over.
- Samosa chat and aloo tikki chat bring back memories :) simple food that tastes like mom's cooking
- Odds are that if you ask your cabbie where their Go To food spot is, they'll point you in this direction. #drunkfood
- the chai tho small bowl is perfectly filling and delicious
- Chickpeas with raita and hot sauce = addiction. Only $3 too
- This place is gods gift
- Let me tell you.. I don't remember what I ate but it was probably one of the best dishes I have ever had! Spicy and flavorful!!! Yum
- One of the best chai teas that you can find in the city.