2299 Union St (at Steiner St)
San Francisco, CA 94123
- Turkey and Avocado is the best sandwich in the Marina. Also watch Q slice up the avocado better than a sushi chef
- No one chops an avocado like Q
- Get the large only if you have not eaten in 4 days
- Turkey, avocado, cheese, jalapenos is the best sandwich.
- Kyu is a knife-master. Add avocado & don't look back!
- Q is a Marina and San Francisco legend. He makes every sandwich himself with the precision of a Japanese sushi chef. You can't go wrong with the basic turkey sub, be sure to add avocado.
- Make sure to get avocados on your sub, if only to watch the proprietor (who is the bomb) totally slice them up like a machine
- Surprisingly simple decor for a place with such fantastically delicious food!
- The most inefficient sandwich shop in the world!
- This place has been rocking it for years and years. I keep it simple. Medium salami. Be aware that it's cash only!
- Cheese sub with avocado. Be careful, it's addicting.
- Ask about Mushroom Joe.
- Go to Marina Sub and say hello to Q (the owner and main sandwich maker). Order a regular sub and spot the single playing card in middle of the ceiling.
- Best subs on the planet IMO. The same owner has been making each sub daily for at least 15 years. He's an artist. If you ask for avocado, he will include the entire avocado, + never be a brown spot.
- Great Subs!!
- Absolutely fantastic. Had the Italian combo and turkey sub. Sandwiches made with the greatest of care. Toasted. Must go to sub place if in cow Hollow San Francisco.
- Entertaining to watch the sandwich maker. Large sandwiches. Quality ingredients. WATCH THE LIBERAL MAYO USE!
- Humongous sandwiches at a good value, though beware, cash only!
- Tip: call in order to avoid the lines + get sauce (oil/vinegar) on the side (drenches bread if not eaten immediately). Favorites are the Italiano + turkey. Larges are huge, medium is usu big enough.
- Best sub in the city