265 W 37th St (at 8th Ave)
New York, NY 10018
- Best chicken from a freight elevator lunch counter you will ever have!
- Tiny hole in the wall place of latin american food. Its literally inside a warehouse but clean and cheap for a nice meal.
- Chicken stew is so hot but so fall off the bone good
- El Sabroso has been open for 20 years with the same owner serving affordable Hispanic food. The non-descript sign outside reads Aqui ahorra y come bueno meaning Here you will save and eat well.
- How have I never come here before?! Very hidden gem with incredible delicious food. Can't go wrong with anything
- Place looks sketchy, but the food is delicious and cheap! I recommend the chicken stew (add hot sauce!) for $6
- $6 for roasted pork, rice and red beans... all served from within a freight elevator.
- Completely hidden gem is tucked away in a freight elevator entrance. Get here early for lunch (his food sells out fast) and enjoy stewed chicken, beef stew or goat.
- I love this place. It's so homey and delicious. The pernil with white rice and beans is the bomb.
- The pernil was okay, nothing special, but a great deal
- Chicken rice!
- Step inside an industrial loading dock in Midtown and youll find a no-frills lunch counter serving up Latin American treats, like stewed chicken and steak with buttery onions.
- Great food, great price. Cash only.
- $6 for a legit meal. YES
- Roast pork with rice and beans.
- The chicken stew is amazing. Load it up with hot sauce. The meat literally falls off the bone. Only $6. My go-to lunch in the neighborhood.
- One of the best hidden gems in New York City. Best food you will have in the loading bay of a freight elevator.
- Best inexpensive lunch in the Garment District. Delicious food served in a building's loading dock.
- Sketchy but very good food. The perfect meal for a cold winter day.
- Great hole-in-the-wall/loading dock alternative to the ordinary lunch spots you're probably growing tired of. Skip the menu and go straight to the source - the chef. Pro Tip: Cash Only!