Chen's Good Taste Restaurant
18 NW 4th Ave (btw W Burnside & NW Couch)
Portland, OR 97209
- Go to Good Taste in Chinatown for the best won ton soup in Portland!
- Great food, but like school lunch, DO NOT LOOK IN THE KITCHEN.
- Traditional Chinese food. All Asian cooks. The smell reminds me of my grandmas kitchen. My top 3 Chinese restarsunts in PDX. Wontons are hand stuffed, and I do mean stuffed! Delish BBQ / roast meats.
- Eat here all the time - get the bbq pork wonton noodle soup. Dont come for the atmosphere- pretty authentic Chinese
- BBQ pork won ton noodle soup or duck - the best - hole in the wall but serious won ton
- Dont let the decor or location fool you. This is seriously good wonton soup!
- Wanton soup, congee, stir fried noodles, etc, etc
- ""They do the best barbecue duck and pork in town, but the secret is to order the 'dumpling' noodle soup instead of the wonton noodle soup. " - Chef Andy Ricker
- great dumpling noodle soup for a reasonable price
- damn good noodle bowls that are big enough for two
- Soup dumplings
- The small hot and sour soup is HUGE and tasty!
- Delicious hand made wonton. Really big portions, order one a share
- Roasted duck OH YEAH!
- Raised price on to go menu after I ordered. Will not buy here again.
- Char siu/bbq pork is a must!
- The House Special Chow Mein with Pan Fried Noodles is amazing.
- Eli Cairo of Olympic Provisions in Portland says, "They butcher on premise and use the whole animal to make amazing Chinese food."
- order Dumpling Soup with extra vegetable, no noodles. Enough for two. Ask for sharing bowls and spoons.
- The pepper and salted squid is splendid.