When I say "mint", what's the first thing that pops in your head?
For me, it's freshness. And chocolate.
I'm a foodie at heart, what can I say?!
So when I saw the Tic Tac® brand's NEW Spearmint Mix flavor, I thought it would be a cool idea to see if I could make some yummy inspired recipes for a mint inspired party!
Packs of Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints include artificially flavored mild and intense spearmint pills - The light green pill is a mild, smooth mint while the dark green pill is an intense, refreshing mint.
I guess these recipes would be great for a green or mint themed garden party, or just as part of your usual desserts table repertoire.
And since mint goes really well with chocolate, here are three inspired ideas that taste and look super fresh!
Party Recipes with Tic Tac® mints - Mint & Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
These chocolate cupcakes have been frosted with cream cheese frosting, flavored with Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints.
The mints gently flavor the frosting and give it a light green hue.
* One batch of chocolate chip cupcakes
* Cream cheese frosting (store-bought or homemade)
* Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® Mints
1) Separate the mild and intense flavored mints. Then crush with a pestle and mortar or a rolling pin. Sprinkle the crushed mints into the frosting.
2) Place the frosting into a piping bag and pipe on top of each cupcake.
3) Sprinkle with the crushed mints.
4) Place a whole mint on top of each cupcake to differentiate the mild and intense flavors.
Party Recipes with Tic Tac® mints - Mint & White Chocolate Milkshake Ingredients - For 2
* 1 Pack of Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints* 2 Cups of cold milk * 2 Tablespoons of white chocolate syrup or powder drink* Crushed Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints for bottle decor* A few drops of mint syrup or green coloring (optional)
The green color on this minty milkshake will intensify with time, so for a deeper green, make it a few hours before and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1) Add milk, 1 pack's worth of mints, chocolate powder or syrup to a blender, and blend until well combined and mints are totally crushed and dissolved in the milk.2) For a cute decor for a party table, use milk drink bottles. Dip the bottle necks into milk or water, then roll it in the crushed mints. 3) Strain if necessary (but the mint dissolves pretty well). Serve with a cute paper straw.
Party Recipes with Tic Tac® mints - Mint & Chocolate Lollipop Cupcake Toppers
I always say that the best kind of decor is the edible one. So how about these funky mint and chocolate lollipops for cupcake toppers?!
Of course, they'd make great party favors or a stand-alone party treat too!
* Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints* Green candy melts* White chocolate* Lollipop mold* Oil for coating
1) Roughly crush Tic Tac® mints (with a pestle and mortar or rolling pin)2) Melt candy melts according to packet instructions. While they're melting, with a piece of paper towel lightly oil the mold cavities, then place sticks in the mold and pour over the melted green candy melts. Place in freezer until set (5 minutes max). 3) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Take lollipops out of mold and drizzle with white melted chocolate. Use a fork to drizzle.4) Sprinkle with crushed Tic Tac® mints while white chocolate is still wet. Leave to set.
Use to decorate your cupcakes or as party favors.
Hope you try some of these recipes. They're really funky and refreshing! ;)
Styling, recipes, supplies and photography: Bird's Party
Mints: Spearmint Mix Tic Tac® mints
Disclosure: I’m a member of the Tic Tac Pack and this post was sponsored by the Tic Tac® brand. While I have been compensated for this post, all opinions expressed are my own.