Punalu'u Black Sand Beach
75-788 Ninole Loop Rd
Pāhala, HI 96777
- I like turtles
- Turtles are often seen here resting on the warm beach heads. Be sure to keep at least 18 feet from them.
- Beautiful. A little gritty/pebbly for a swim spot though.
- Best basaltic black sand beach on the island.
- Give the sea turtles their space, don't steal the sand, and take plenty of photos. Those are the rules. Learn 'em, know 'em, live 'em...
- Great place to see tons of sea turtles!! Just please be sure to leave these beautiful creatures alone! : )
- Look for the sea turtles on the beach. But don't get to close.
- Awesome !!
- The black sand is beautiful!
- Nice place to see!
- Really black sand!
- Too many stones. Really hard to swim especially if you don't want the stones to hurt you.
- Love the Beach here !!!
- Make sure you walk around and look by the rocks for turtles
- Always have a jacket with you on this island. You never know when it is going to get cool.
- Water is a little cold. Good turtle viewing
- Please make sure you give the turtles space, don't crowd them. This is a beautiful black sand beach, the black sand really sparkles, the turtles love sun bathing on the shore.
- One of my favorite beaches on The Big Island.
- Green sea turtles rest and nest at this famous beach on the southeast side of the island. Run your fingers through the black grains of sand formed by lava. Strong currents can make swimming difficult.
- You can spot many turtles at the bay