Polar Bear Plunge
2920 Zoo Dr (Northern Frontier, San Diego Zoo)
San Diego, CA 92101
- Our polar bears are named Chinook (meaning wind), Kalluk (meaning thunder), and Tatqiq (meaning moon). Kalluk & Tatqiq are brother & sister, & Kalluk and Chinook are mates. Kalluk weighs 950lbs!
- Polar Bear Plunge opened in 1996 and was renovated in 2010. It houses over 30 species representing the Arctic. The bears swim in a 130,000 gallon pool.
- Every time I come here, I wanna Coke!
- Carrot anyone?
- Great place to see Polar Bears!
- 1 word. AWESOME!!!!!!!
- Bears are frightening
- Closed .
- One of the polar bears never came out
- Try to go when they give the polar bears a carrot!
- Awesome exhibit.
- Enjoy! Es una experiencia nica
- Disfrutar del oso es una experiencia nica !
- Los osos son juguetones
- It's a lot of fun.
- Take the bus tour for some of the best views of the bears!
- The polar bear are very cute
- Cool@place to hang out.
- Great sight line. Friendly staff.
- One of the best exhibits there. If you're not up-close and personal with the bears, just wait. They will come out and it will be worth it.