ປະຕູໄຊ (Patuxay) ประตูชัย (ປະຕູໄຊ)
Landmark, Historic Site, Park
Lang Xang Avenue (ແຂວງວຽງຈັນ)
- Use upstairs! Perfect view!
- Must visit when you come to Laos (Vientiane)
- MUST VISIT: You can go upstairs for a great panoramic view of the city. Patuxai is almost similar to Paris' Arc de Triomphe and New Delhi's India Gate.
- Laos' take on the Arc de Triomphe. Great views over the city from the top which runs 3,000 kip to climb. Come at dusk/night if you want to see the fountain running.
- Beautiful place
- ( Patuxay) .. LArc De Triomphe
- The symbol of Laos with similar symbol of Paris
- Beautiful monument. A must do!
- Worth to go up, even though there's not much to see.
- Great view from the top for only 3k. Strangely full of shops and in need of maintenance. Be careful of high walkways with no barriers and crumbling concrete underfoot.
- Build in 1968 and also know as Victory Gate, it's a 7 floor historical monument (you can go up for a small donation) build to celebrate the indipendence from France.
- One of the tourist attraction in Vientiane, buy the ticket and go up to the top, lots of souvenir shops, and good view point from the top.
- Un arco del triunfo de arquitectura sudasiatica construido por EEUU . Recomendado subir a su mirador
- Great historic site & beautiful scenic views
- ~ . ~^^
- The monument's own plaque basically apologizes for being an ugly "concrete monster", as it looks nice like the Arch du Triomphe from afar.
- Go up for the view is only 3000kip. Worth it, though as a landmark its rather ugly and sad.