Growing up one of my favorite popsicles was definitely the Orange Creamsicle. Now I can’t stop my daughter from eating these Orange Creamsicle Cookies. These beauties are all about real delectable luscious orange flavor packed in a beautiful cookie. So divine. There is just something extraordinary about a luscious orange cookie drizzled with creamy orange frosting.
Oh my goodness. I think I will have one right now. Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. They are also a good source of dietary fiber. Oranges are a good source of B vitamins including vitamin B1. Now I know that cookies are probably not your best source of eating oranges but in this recipe we throw some of those bad boys in the food processor, peel and all.
So if you love oranges and citrus like I do these little iced numbers are going to steal your heart. Orange Creamsicle Cookies are super easy, unbelievably delectable and sweetly nostalgic.
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 2 medium seedless oranges
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-3 tablespoons orange juice
- Optional: 3 yellow drops food coloring
- Optional: 1 red drop food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut oranges in quarters remove flesh; cutting away any of the white pith. Remove any pith from the peel. Place orange flesh and peels in food processor and process until smooth.
- In stand mixer cream 1/2 cup butter and 3-4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and 1/3 cup of the orange mixture. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to orange mixture and beat on very low just until combined; scraping sides of bowl. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Drop by round tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 13-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks. Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- In stand mixer combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, powdered sugar, orange extract, remaining orange mixture and enough orange juice for drizzling consistency. Add orange juice 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with frosting.
I use approximately 3 tablespoons orange juice but different factors can effect how much you will need such as humidity and altitude.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/orange-creamsicle-cookies/wk_bootstrap();
Other delicious cookie recipes you will love!!
Blueberry Orange Cream Cheese Cookies
Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The post Orange Creamsicle Cookies appeared first on Small Town Woman.