The Old Seelbach Bar
$ $ $
500 S 4th St (The Seelbach Hilton Louisville)
Louisville, KY 40202
- Listed as a Silver Medal winning bar, it still stands out from the crowd.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald sipped Bourbon here as an inspiration for The Great Gatsby...In this classic environment, I go with the Old-Fashioned or try the Seelbach Cocktail, sparkling with champagne
- Order a glass of J.T.S. Brown on the rocks. "Fast" Eddie Felson would be proud.
- Can't go wrong with the kentucky bourbon barrel ale.
- The Seelbach Cocktail (bourbon, champagne, sour) isn't bad
- Congratulations, you've found one of Esquire's Best Bars in America. Great live jazz. An even better list of bourbons. Try the Pappy van Winkle.
- UK wins. Fried green tomatoes suck.
- This place is not the actual bar where F Scott Fitzgerald (and Al Capone) drank. That's downstairs in the Ratskeller. But, the drinks here are fantastic! Old fashioned's & manhattan's r delicious.
- Try a Kentucky Hot Brown!
- Try a flight of bourbon!
- This bar is full of history and bourbon. Be sure to checkout the bourbon menu.
- Just wanted a Lady in Blue as seen on Esquire's Best Bars in America. It doesn't exist...
- I ordered the sliders. When they arrived, the presentation was nothing special, which I would have overlooked if they tasted good.
- Hard not to find a good bourbon.
- Great bourbon drinks in a very cool atmosphere. You can feel the history when you walk in
- Searched high and low for a perfect mint julep in Louisville. Found it at the Old Seelbach.
- Looks like a conference room off a lavish hotel. The bar serves one hell of a Manhattan.
- Check out The Old Seelbach as seen on Drinking Made Easy
- I have never felt so conflicted in my life - great band, terrible drinks.
- Try the Angel's Envy