North Pond Nature Sanctuary
Lake, Scenic Lookout
- I saw a turtle!
- Look for ducklings in the spring. The path by the pond is tranquil and relaxing, especially if you've been bumping elbows at the zoo or nature museum.
- There are nice little spots to sit and relax.
- So peaceful and a great view of the Chicago skyline.
- View View and view
- Very amazing view from here At magic hour its very great to take pictures
- Beautiful place to walk and enjoy nature.
- The second best pond in Chicago. A great variety of birds and foliage greet you on the laps you run around this place.
- One of my favorite places in Chicago & the closest you'll get to "nature" in the city. Trees, grass, water, animals. My back yard, and my dog lives it here. He'll even take me for walks here. ;)
- It's a fine dining restaurant, and most of the focus is on wine, but if you sit at the tiny bar in the front, they've got a wonderful collection of spirits and a short but perfect cocktail menu.
- Serene in the am.
- Watch out for the bugs after a good rain or when it's humid.
- Great stress break during a stressful day of work or perfect to stroll by on my way to the lake. Love this pond.
- Try the Candied Beets, Beet Sorbet, Smoked Trout Mousse, Hazelnut Macaroon
- Scenic, enjoy the autumn leaves, stay on the trails, the geese crap everywhere. Good critter watching! Noise from 2520 N. Lakeview Ave. Bldg. construction is noisy from a far. Panoramic views.
- Slides get hot!