Other Outdoors, Park
- Once you get inside the lava tube, try shouting. Notice that? Yep, no echo because of all the texture on the walls to absorb the sound. Awesome experience.
- Bring a great flashlight and a compass. You can walk thru all the way into Hilo downtown.
- So beautiful! You can travel deep into the caves which are old lava tubes. Bring a flashlight or headlamp
- The cave can narrow quite a bit.
- Bring a REALLY bright light.
- Yes it is the location try look on the map
- Bring headlamps. Cave floor is wet w/ loose rocks occasionally - you'll want both hands for balance.
- Check out the left tube. It opens way up (big enough for a car) once you go under the first shelf.
- Walking through the lava tubes was pretty neat.
- Lava tubes and peaceful underground.
Mauna Kea Access Rd (6 miles from Saddle Rd)