At a time when Doritos can serve as the base of a taco shell and Cheetos dust has become a star ingredient, it’s hard to see where fast-food chains will draw the line.
The battle for consumers has gotten so intense that simply adding a thicker slice of bacon or trotting out a new sauce no longer moves the needle. Instead, consumers need to be wowed and, as often as not, that means doing something outrageous.
In a world where both bacon and hot dogs have been stuffed along with cheese into the crust of a pizza, even the truly absurd seems plausible. Yum! Brands Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC continue to come up with even wilder menu items and Restaurant Brands International’s Burger King must have some kind of test kitchen working on new ways to merge its products with Cheetos.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas