Arroyo Burro Beach
2981 1/2 Cliff Dr
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
- Great to have a romantic walk on the beach with your sweetheart... Also a great place to take your dog for a walk but be careful of the dead seagulls lying around...
- Locals call it Hendry's Beach, the state of California calls it Arroyo Burro Beach. It's common to see pods of dolphins close to shore early in the morning. You can bring your dogs, too.
- Make sure to take advantage of the token-operated dog wash once your pooch comes out of the surf! Warm water, shampoo & blow dry. Can you believe this?
- Boathouse mojito's are pretty decent
- Have lunch at the Boathouse and take a walk along the beach.
- Great place to take your dog. One of few off leash places around.
- Great hike up trail parallel to Cliff Dr. Panoramic view of the local canyons & the Pacific Ocean. Nice hike through Kirk Douglas Family Preserve & then a nice walk down a long stair way to the beach.
- Let the dogs off leash at Arroyo Burro Beach (Hendrys Beach), which features off-leash, dog-friendly east of the slough.
- Do yourself a favor and use the dog-wash for your canine friend afterwards
- Due to watershed, it has one of the highest water toxicity levels in SB. Go for the view, but stay out of the water!
- Awesome dog beach. They have dog showers with shampoo.
- There is a dog wash at the front end of the parking lot which is a good thing because the dogs play very hard at this beach!
- Lots of dogs running up and down the beach.
- Nice place for a sunset walk. Lots of dogs: leashed to the right, unleashed to the left.
- Excelente playa
- Great beach for sunsets, easy access, and a good little surf shack restaurant nearby with awesome fish tacos.
- Seafood + sunsets
- Excellent place just to walk around, very dog friendly beach! People are very friendly, a must place to in Santa Barbara.
- Sunset, accessible parking, wide beach - great for a long walk.
- Nice view and we did not find tar at all.