Mountain, Scenic Lookout, Island
Off Cannon Beach (at Viewpoint Terrace)
Cannon Beach, OR 97145
- Sailors once found their way through the Pacific fog by listening to the thousands of sea birds that nest year-round on this rock, the third largest of its kind in the world. (From Aerial America)
- Great place to breathe!
- Awesome views, watch for birds!
- Wait for a very low tide (check tide tables) and head out to the rock to check out the tidal pools! Take your boots and camera!
- Explore the tidal pools!
- Cannon Beach is a delightful place, to shop, eat and hang out.
- What a wonder of nature!
- A tip from WaveDancer: Check out the tidepools at low tide (see link for a complete guide). Amazing sea life (not to mention the birds)!
- This a great place to be with friends
- Please don't litter, these will threat sea animals on beach. Thank!
- Third tallest monolith in the world. Tidal pools are a must-see; check the tides, take your camera, and take your time (just keep an eye on that tide!).
- That rock is so weird, you almost wonder.
- This is where they filmed the opening scene of The Goonies.
- This always fascinates me, the ocean, Haystack, lighthouse in the distance. Awesome.
- The Crown Jewel to a coastline that will leave you breathless. Explore the surrounding tide pools and soak up the last light as it dips behind the expanse of the Pacific Ocean.
- Take a walk on the beach it's amazing
- There's no denying the dramatic landscape of Cannon Beach. Love the silty soft sand!
- Check the tide tables before you go so you can take advantage of low tide to explore the tidepools. Careful not to step on the wildlife though! And bring rubber boots.
- Low tide and sunset is amazing. 7-7:30 pm
- Such an awesome place. Standing on the edge of the ocean, I realize how small I am and how big God is.