Church, Concert Hall
1100 California St (at Taylor St.)
San Francisco, CA 94108
- Let there be light: The solar-power system in this cathedral was designed, financed, and installed by SolarCity (#38 on Fast Company's 2011 list of Most Innovative Companies)
- Don't let the facade fool you, Grace strongly embraces GLBTQ peeps, agnostics and atheists. See the Keith Haring altarpiece and AIDS memorial quilt in the interfaith chapel by the front doors.
- Free yoga every tuesday from 6:15-7:15.
- Grace Cathedral has two labyrinths, the second is outdoors and available any time. The indoor labyrinth is open during cathedral hours.
- Part of Alfred Hitchcock's last fim, Family Plot, was shot in and around Grace Cathedral.
- Embeth William's character gets married here in Bicentennial Man and Chalmers serves a writ on the Police chief in Bullitt here.
- Donation-based Yoga is really lovely here! It's Tuesdays at 6:15pm to 7:30pm. Get there early and don't forget to look up!
- Come here late at night when it matters.
- walk the indoor labyrinth and pause for a moment and meditate when you get to the center.
- The cathedral was lit up in orange for the Giants in the world series!!! :-)
- Take in the views while standing on the steps of this beautiful cathedral.
- Peet's coffee downstairs closes at 4pm. Tables available for you to sit and chat!
- Thurs. 5:15 Evensong doth rock
- Yoga on Tuesdays evenings - so relaxing, just dress warmly
- Nice change from Castro meetings
- Take in Christmas Midnight Mass. Beautiful sounds and acoustics.
- yoga in the labyrinth, 6:15 tuesday nights
- There are so many reasons to visit Grace Cathedral that its hard to count them all. Walking the cathedrals replica of the Chartres Cathedral labyrinth in France is a spiritual act.
- Get engaged in the garden...
- peaceful place, spent a moment to pray