Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) (Big Ben (Elizabeth Tower))
Landmark, Historic Site
- Really beautiful
- Big Ben refers to the 13 ton bell in the clock tower of Westminster Palace. Opinion is divided as to whether it was named after the then Commissioner of Works, or a famous prize-fighter of the time.
- Olha s quem esteve por aqui, o "gatinho" Rodrigo Faro! E ele no foi l pra danar no, hahaha. Faro acompanhou as Olimpadas 2012 e trabalhou bastante. E delcia!!!
- The metropolis on the River Thames never sleeps. Something is always happening. And there are more than enough tourist attractions. Discover London with Lufthansa: our travel report will guide you.
- Designed by architect Charles Barry as part of the Palace of Westminster, The Clock Tower was completed in 1859.
- famous tower of London.
- Heard the bell 12 times at noon :-)
- Very Cool to see in London
- TRAVEL FACT: Built in 1856, this icon of London is the third-tallest free-standing clock tower in the world.
- .. " "
- Did you know that the first 61 meters of Big Ben are made up of brickwork and stone and the remainder of tower is made from cast iron?
- Big Ben is the largest four-faced ringing clock & the third-tallest free-standing clock tower in the world.It stands 320 foot high & looks stunning at night when the four clock faces are illuminated
- ...get the time off the largest four-faced chiming clock and the third-tallest free-standing clock tower in the world, which has been telling time since 1859.
- Uma das coisas mais linda do MUNDO!
- Uma das coisas mais lindas que eu vi!!! Fantstico!!!
- You can't visit London without going to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Two photo ops in one: the London Eye is just across the River Thames!
- El smbolo de Reino Unido, precioso. Las espectaculares vistas desde el extremo opuesto del Westminster Bridge se ganan el corazn de cualquiera. Podras sentarte 6 horas aqu y seguir maravillado.
- Say you are from California they think it's cool
- A handy place to be if you don't have a watch.
- I enjoy asking people "Do you have the time?" while I am standing here. :)