Roberts Pizza Co. is headed back to Streeterville.
Robert Garvey, whose craft pizzas and creative toppings developed a cult following among pizza aficionados, will open in the fall in the River East Art Center.
“I always wanted to be back in Streeterville; I live in the neighborhood,” Garvey said. “I’m looking forward to re-entering the restaurant world again.”
Garvey, you’ll recall, was unceremoniously locked out of his Streeterville location in June last year; the space was turned over to another pizza concept (which has since closed).
The new Roberts Pizza Co. will be adjacent to Winter’s Jazz Club, facing Ogden Slip. According to Garvey, the new space is more than double the size of his previous location, with double the kitchen capacity.
“We haven’t finalized it, but we’ll probably seat around 100,” he said. “We plan to go with the same menu everybody loves, and expand it a little bit. This kitchen will allow us to bring more pizzas to the table, and we’ll have outside tables, which will be a big game-changer for us.”
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time