There is nothing quite as easy or delicious as grilled pork tenderloin. This Dry Rub Sweet Barbecue Pork Tenderloin is easy enough for a weeknight meal and fancy enough for company!! You can prepare the dry rub ahead of time. You can apply the rub ahead of time and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight. This is the star of the meal so the sides should be kept simple and tasty. My Green Bean Bacon Bundles and Skillet German Potato Salad would complement this perfectly!!!
Make sure you trim your pork tenderloin prior to the rub. Pork tenderloins have an area of connective tissue known as silver skin for its silvery-white appearance. Silver skin doesn’t dissolve when the tenderloin is cooked, so it needs to be trimmed away. The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145° F. (medium rare) and 160° F. (medium). However it is all a matter of preference. My hubby prefers his cooked a little longer.
I have always found pork tenderloin easy to cook with. It is a consistently tender flavorful cut of pork. Happy grilling my food loving friends!!
Dry Rub Sweet Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/4 -1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup Kansas City style barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In Ziploc bag combine paprika, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Rub over pork tenderloin and refrigerate from 2 hours to overnight.
- In small bowl combine honey, barbecue sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Preheat grill. Cover and cook for 12 to 18 minutes depending on preference, turning and basting with barbecue sauce every 4 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees F. Remove from grill, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/dry-rub-sweet-barbecue-pork-tenderloin/wk_bootstrap();
Another delicious pork tenderloin recipe!!
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon