$ $ $
Terminal 5 (JFK International Airport)
Queens, NY 11430
- Probably the best sushi you will eat in an airport. Fans are known to arrive extra early or stay late after a flight just to have a taste. Deep Blue on the Fly, next door, offers grab and go options.
- What the hell is this place? Sushi lounge at the airport? Oh man, this must confuse flyover state arrivals.
- Airport Sushi? Yes! The fish is fresh and delicious try the Dragon Roll or the Rainbow Roll or ask for the waiters recommendations. The service can be slow.
- Check and get the newbie special. Edamame!
- don't get the pad thai- other tips say its good, but it isn't. trust me!
- Martinis are good & strong. $14, but good. You can also take your booze in a coffee cup, to the gate. I added iced coffee to my Dewers. Hmmmm...
- Deep Blue Sushi menu created by celebrity chef Michael Schulson, the former executive chef of NYC's highly rated Buddakan restaurant was selected by Frommer's as the best airport restaurant in 2010
- Had the pork noodles. Not that great. Pork was too fatty, broth to dark and STRONG, egg was cold tasteless. Noodles over cooked and soggy. Ramen noodles out of a bag taste better and cheaper.
- I have walked by this place so many times...finally stopped.they have 2 kinds of cold sake not on the menu...dragon roll and crunch red ball roll both good....1st time having good sushi in an airport!
- gyoza was lovely. sushi, not so much.
- Our waiter was possibly the nicest person I have ever encountered at an airport. And the food was pretty tasty as well.
- The green salad with apples and cucumbers was amazing!! Pad Thai with shrimp was equally impressive. This is not airport food!
- Salmon roll is to die for!
- For $8, the uni (sea urchin) was actually quite nice. And the dragon roll wasn't half bad either.
- Longest. Layover. Ever. Thank goodness for this place. Great Spicy Tuna Roll!
- Surprisingly good pad Thai!
- If you're looking for sushi-to-go, don't bother. $7 for a cucumber roll that was who know how many hours old? Not worth it.
- Do the Hamachi "different kind of sashimi" on the apps part of the menu. For serious.
- Spicy tuna roll is definitely the best airport sushi I have ever had. Service was sub par.
- I like the atmosphere, cozy seats, nice music. Took seafood ramen and pad tai and everything was good and tasty. Ramen is huge. Shrimp is 10/10