Beach, Surf Spot
310 Argilla Rd.
Ipswich, MA 01938
- People. There is no 's' in the name. It's Crane Beach. Not Cranes Beach.
- The white sands stretching for miles along both sides of Castle Neck form one of the most picturesque beaches in New England. Bicycle parking is $2 year-round; check website for other parking fees.
- Best beach in Massachusetts.
- My Massachusetts paradise beach
- Crane Beach is a 1,234-acre (4.99 km2) conservation and recreation property. It consists of a four mile (6 km) long sandy beachfront, dunes, and a maritime pitch pine forest.
- Greatest beach.
- Visit the Crane Estate/Castle Hill and pay the $10/car to visit the estate AND get access to the beach (vs. a $25 parking pass) via hiking through a foot path. a scenic route and takes about 30 min.
- This picturesque, 4-mile beach sports white sand, tidal pools, sand bars plus over 5 miles of trails winding through coastal dunes. There is a $2 fee to use the beach.
- I <3 crane! Parking is cheaper on weekdays...it's only $15! Watch out for greenheads in July!
- Bring a wagon for ur stuff if u have kids - small hike to water
- Seagulls are mean. They stole a boares head Italian sandwich out of my sisters hand and a whole bag of chips
- The beach is really nice! BUT $25 for parking :(
- Great beach place. It has full bathrooms, and a place to buy food including a hamburger bbq. Awesome
- 1/2 price after 3pm for thouse lazy Bostonians that wake up at noon like me. Stay until the sunsets. Look for the High tide sign at the entrance knowing high tide will help you know where to put down
- Great beach when the greenhead flies arent out. When they are? Yikes.
- Take a long walk when the tide is low. The sandbars are great.
- This must be #Boston well kept #secret white sand & blue and pearly white taught I was in the island of Jamaica,
- Get there early or wait until spots open up in the late afternoon
- The nicest beach in the Boston area! Worth the $25 entrance. The changing rooms are new and beautiful! Area to rinse your feet before heading to your car.
- Nice beach but crowded. Parking gets filled up quickly so you'll have to go to the train station to get a bus that will cost you $5 round trip that comes every 45 minutes. Last bus leaves at 5:30pm.