Museum, History Museum
474 Bellevue Ave (btw Leroy Ave & Shepard Ave)
Newport, RI 02840
- Guided tours only!
- William Wetmore's Chateau-sur-Mer was one of several Newport mansions by architect Richard Morris Hunt. The morning room has beautiful Eastlake paneling.
- Interesting visit to an old-fashioned (now) mansion
- Amazing and beautiful mansion.
- Gorgeous house!
- Huge tree that is like walking into a hideaway when you go under it - kids will enjoy
- This is my favorite of the smaller houses you can tour. It's the first real "Summer Cottage" in Newport.
- If Donato is your tour guide, you are in for a real treat!
- This is the only mansion that has a live tour with a person actually speaking.
- There is an amazing collection of Wedgwood ceramics upstairs in all colors!
- Guided tour was very good.
- Be ready to stand for awhile. This tour is much longer than the other audio tours.
- Check out the rose garden near the tea house