Indie Movies, Movie Theater
1711 N Charles St (btwn Lanvale and Lafayette)
Baltimore, MD 21201
- Best popcorn in B-more!
- Get a cup of sangria to go from Tapas Teatro, and take it into the theater with you.
- go to the Maryland Film Festival.
- Staff has excellent recommendations and the films are great
- If you're looking to escape the heat with a double- or even triple-feature of art films, indies and some more mainstream fare, The Charles is the place for you. Read more: http://bit.ly/QotELm
- A fantastic low key venue with no teens in sight to catch a movie. I hear the tapas & crepes next door are great, but I can't resist hitting up Joe Squared Pizza and Bar (a couple blocks away) before.
- Now accepts credit cards.
- My favorite movie theatre anywhere. They show a great mix of eclectic indie films and mainstream films. Good concessions, and Tapas Teatro next door.
- great time watching Slap Shot, part of their Revival Series
- You can order sangria pitchers at the tapas bar next door and bring it into the theater! This could be dangerous...
- Sometimes, it's the only theatre in MD showing academy contenders, documentary specials, and unexpectedly good indie films. My favorite theatre and the popcorn is reasonably priced and freshly poppd.
- One of these days I'm going to make it to Cinema Sundays!
- Seriously loved the space. Grab a drink from Tapas teatro before
- Very cozy and friendly atmosphere
- WONDERFUL INDIE AND COMPLETELY CHILL
- The film selection
- Make it a date and eat/drink at Tapas Teatro next door before your movie.
- I'm always checking their website special events and their revivals.
- Warehouse turned theater with tons of independent films and festivals. Conveniently located between Sofis Crepes and Tapas Teatro for a great date night out.
- Love the vintage feel of this theater. Grab some tapas next door before you head into your flick!