11 DuPont Cir NW (at Connecticut Ave. NW)
Washington, DC 20036
- Make sure you say ask for David or Phil. They are the most knowledgable employees here.
- This afternoon it was really chilly in DC. So I made a trip to one of my favorite research spots in the city .... Books A Million. I go there to read magazines that inspire my book writing & art.
- Try the joes fruit strawberry smoothie! Yummy!! Love it here!
- An interesting mix of homeless people and SAIS students.
- The store has closed permanently in DC
- I'm pretty sure this store is a front for something sketchy. Decent selection but creepy atmosphere
- They're going out of business. Books are 20% off. Cafe items (including cafe drinks, excluding bottled soft drinks) are 50% off. Gift cards 50% off. Misc gifts 30% off.
- quiet and great book variety.
- David is very helpful & knowledgeable yet speaks so fast... Love their magazine section...
- This place isn't very good. It's hard to find someone when you want to check out. People perform sex acts in the men's room. The security guards are either reading or texting. No free WiFi.
- Talk to David! He is very knowledgeable on many subjects. He will also try to sell you a membership.
- Utterly depressing.
- My hunt for obscure magazines was a brilliant success!
- This place sucks! If you just walked in, run out now. And if you need a ramp or non stair entrance your SOL. Book selection is bad, customer service is worse, and the prices are not worth it.
- Great bargain section with many classics under $3.
- I come in here for quiet read most afternoons.
- Overpriced and no free WiFi
- Nice place but the wifi is only "free" if you join their club (or pay a daily fee of $5)
- One of the two best bookstores in the area, including Kramers in Dupont (which is a very cool indie bookstore) and other national chains in the Farragut area just one stop away
- BAM have wireless if you join the discount club