12706 Philadelphia St
Whittier, CA 90601
- Enjoy a craft beer, local wine or a mezcal flight while sharing a bowl of frijoles churros or cochinita pibil. Try the fried broccoli-like huazontles capiados - A dish you won't find outside Mexico!
- A lot of love for the Mexican cooking tradition is evident at Bizarra Capital, but it's all done with a discerning twist (read mole fries and a great beer selection).
- Has a bar stocked with top-shelf tequilas and mezcals that go for about half the price you'd pay on the Westside.
- Pato taco are like crack. I always order it.
- A vendor at LA Weekly's Tacolandia 2015!
- Try the chicken torta. Tangy!
- Its always a good idea to add mole to any plate of available fries, particularly with the tasty ones made from Bizarra Capital in Whittier.
- Can't go wrong with anything. All the tortillas and tostadas are made fresh! Delicious!
- Whittier mainstay Bizarra Capital is known for their overclocked takes on all sorts of dishes, from cocktails to esquites to their awesome mole fries.
- Amazing tacos - especially the taco con queso. The tortillas are made in house.
- Todo es delicioso, el servicio es excelente y las bebidas fantsticas
- The carne asada tacos and mole fries
- Costa Azul shrimp are an excellent starter to share with the table. Chef's rice and beans are a great sharing item too.
- Excellent tacos and aguas frescas! Can get a little pricey if you're on a college budget like me, but that's what Taco Tuesday is for!
- Everyone here is super nice. Amazing ceviche and shrimp tacos!
- A standout on the small plates menu is the mole fries, with a green mole based on pumpkin seeds. Melted Oaxacan cheese, more pumpkin seeds, and cilantro top the dish, with a side of sweet onion aioli.
- Ask for a guava daiquiri. Not on the menu, but delicious.
- Shrimp ceviche tostada!
- I said machaca earlier, if anyone happened to read my post, but what I meant to say was that the homemade chorizo tacos as well as the shrimp tacos are great.
- The queso fresco taco and mole verde fries are amazing!