Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Free Admission EVERY SUNDAY!!
- AMAZING HISTORY!!
- You will leave transformed.
- Bring Kleenex
- Much larger than I thought, plan to spend at least 1 1/2 hours here and spend some time in the park across the street. Very interesting presentation.
- The Mission of Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is to promote civil and human rights worldwide through education! Join the Revolution: http://ow.ly/8sS8E!
- If you are in Birmingham you must come here.
- Be sure to walk Kelly Ingram park across the street. And check out 16th Street Baptist Church as well! Lots of history...
- Hands down, the most moving museum experience I've ever had. It should be required for all middle schoolers and high schoolers to visit here because a textbook just doesn't justice these images/vids.
- The Institute features a replica of the cell Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote his famous letter "Letters from a Birmingham Jail" from. To learn more watch this CSPAN video.
- Hospitable curator and very informative. The historical collections and art gallery are well cared and interactive.
- Very educational and loved the real footage. Very friendly staff.
- Forgot your student id? No worries. Show your AAA card for $3 off.
- The best place to visit when you are interesting in the history of the American Civil Rights Movement. Visited Birmingham, Alabama during February 2013.
- We spent quite a while reliving history...
- An amazing place to visit.
- So much history to learn here.
- Do not miss. Interactive, interesting & compelling.
- Heavy on text, but great insight to the history of Birmingham and its fight for equality.
- This a self guided tour and incredibly moving and educational. A must see in Birmingham. Everyone should be educated on the civil rights movement and the historic racism in America.