John Kavanagh's The Gravediggers
1 Prospect Sq
Dublin, Dublin City 9
+353 1 830 7978
- Have a pint of Guinness in the bar of the Gravediggers (never the lounge)
- Another Glasnevin spot that rocks on a sunny day. Get a pint in a plastic glass and drink it on the grassy square outside.
- Great for lunch! (non-liquid kind) Check if blackberry crumble is on and save some room for it. If "platter" is on the lunch menu, take it.
- Don't forget your cash. The pub doesn't take credit card. Nearest ATM is in spar.
- The pub has been here since 1833, it feels like you have stepped back to that time.
- You have to take a bus and walk up an all-but-invisible alleyway to reach Gravediggers, but there's something unabashedly wonderful about the place that keeps regulars coming back for lifetimes.
- Great pub with lovely atmosphere and pints of Guinness. Be careful tho'... Their clock is 20 minutes fast! And if they flash the lights for last orders early at midnight, they mean it.
- Conversation and song were once the only entertainment in a proper pub. They still are, here. For more local tips, follow us on 4sq or check out www.renhotels.com.
- This the pub that featured in James Joyce's novel Ulysses.
- The Guinness is great. The tapas is good, but not the best I have had. The green outside is nice on a summer day
- Everything tapas is so good staff are just so lovely and the best pint of Guinness in Ireland
- Great tapas friendly staff ans the best pint of Guinness in Dublin
- Food is great staff lovely and a fine pint of Guinness
- Beautiful pint of Guinness in atmospheric old pub, not to be missed!
- Der Name ist Programm, die Toiletten besser meiden. Auf jeden Fall das beste Guiness und ein muss in Dublin.
- Best Guinness in Dublin. Creamy and far too drinkable. It's also a dark dingy authentic pub containing many lovely locals.
- Amazing pint of Guinness. This is a hidden gem just north of dublins city center. Mostly a local crowd dotted with some tourists that have elected to go off the beaten path.
- Best pub and Guinness in Dublin, if not Ireland! Proper old school bar
- Very local pub, not a place for tourists.
- , 50. , 50 . , :)