BAM Harvey Theater
Theater, Movie Theater, Indie Movies
651 Fulton St (at Rockwell Pl)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- This state of the art theater draws some of the biggest stars in some of the most avant-garde productions around! Come early to enjoy a drink and the awesome atmosphere.
- See a top-notch lineup of established and experimental dance troupes, talks, film and art events during BAM's Next Wave Festival.
- If you're seated in the gallery ... bring oxygen
- Make a night of it and try out the Brooklyn food scene. Anywhere but right around the theater (take the subway a stop or two away).
- You can pre-order drinks for intermission before the show. This way you can actually have time to consume the drink rather than spend the whole intermission on line.
- Buy a reusable BAM cup for $5 so you can bring your wine or beer into the theater - remember to bring it back the next time, though!
- This is hands down one the city's best theatres! Don't miss the chance to see a classic film here!
- only book for the gallery if you are fit! It's a long set of stairs
- see a show or something. I think it's known for that.
- Try to arrive early and enjoy the bar area: as though carved right into a very old building.
- Heres the view from the Balcony, Row A.
- Fun fact: before BAM acquired this building, it was, among other incarnations, a porn theater.
- Arrived a bit late for King Lear, and had to wait a while to be seated. Missed the beginning of the show. Dont be late!
- One of the best places to see theater in NYC as it should be presented - intimate, simple and pure in an amazing venue that speaks to the collective experience and history.
- Enjoyed Chris Rock here
- BAM's off-campus venue for premiere programming: theater, big-screen movies, dance, music.
- Gorgeous space.
- Great theater!
- It's an impressive old movie theater. I was amazed by the interior.
- Not the most comfortable seats.