Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: Roughly 20 minutes
1 medium zucchini
½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
½ can pumpkin puree
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Parmesan cheese, to taste
For the zucchini:
1. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and peel the rest into long, thin strips.
2. Lay a single layer of the strips onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the zucchini and repeat steps 2 and 3 until the zucchini is fully layered on the baking sheet.
4. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator while you prepare the sauce.
For the pumpkin sauce:
1. In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin puree and almond milk until its consistency is runny.
2. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
3. Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat.
4. Once the sauce has reduced for a bit (roughly 3-5 minutes), add the cinnamon.
1. Remove the zucchini strips from the fridge and place into the saucepan with the pumpkin sauce.
2. Stir slowly for 5 minutes until zucchini starts to color.
3. Remove the zucchini from the saucepan then pour the remaining sauce on top.
4. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, and enjoy! (I used vegan Parmesan cheese)
Note: If you let your sauce reduce too long or the heat is too high, add a bit of almond milk, and it will return to a pasta sauce-like consistency.