Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts (Filene Center)
Performing Arts, Concert Hall
- Dolly Parton is playing a Sunday night sold-out show. DC gay fans may have a tough choice with Britney playing the same night!
- A fantastic picturesque venue in Vienna, Va housing performances from pop artists to ballet to the National Symphony. Pack a blanket to stake out your own seat on the lawn, have a picnic!
- Come back and see Jack's Mannequin and Guster Live on August 15th, 2011. More info here: http://jacksmannequin.com/tour
- Pack a cooler, rent a chair, and enjoy lawn seats for a summer show
- Bring good booze. Because you can. You're welcome.
- Pack your favorite libation + a blanket. Save some cash and skip the over-priced concessions.
- U can bring your own food and wine!
- Lawn seats are a much better deal. You can't even take a drink to the seat in covered seating. Having done both, I'll choose lawn every time. With byo sushi and beer. :-)
- Elyse is amazing.
- The pavillion is cavernous -- not a great place for a broadway-style show unless you've got great seats, especially not a matinee because you know, you can't turn down the house lights.
- Good outdoor venue. Get seats; you can always sit on the lawn if you like, and you have somewhere to go if it rains. Great place for a picnic while listening to music.
- Beware: food and drink are not allowed in the pavilion. Water is fine, though.
- Uno de los lugares que mas disfruto en Virginia en verano. Y la atencin que tienen con las personas con discapacidad fsica es increble. Aunque claro no puedo decir lo mismo de todos los asistentes.
- Beware the regulars who go to Wolf Trap for pretty much everything, regardless of whether they know the band. Many of them talk loudly throughout the show. Bad concert manners...
- If you sit on the lawn, don't expect to see much. They don't have any big screens like other amphitheaters so the musicians on stage look like ants.
- Skip the lawn seats. Not worth chancing bad weather and dealing with the crazy regulars.
- We had a great time last night!
- Matt Nathanson and Gavin DeGraw!
- The acoustics are tremendous.
- EXCELLENT venue to see live performances. Bring a picnic lunch/dinner, including adult bevs, spread out your blanket and just chill. Well worth the drive from DC and MD for the experience.