Watkins Glen State Park
State / Provincial Park
- Nice place to walk Madison and have a picnic it's very beautiful
- Not for small children and wear mud friendly shoes. Be prepared for significant stair climbing.
- We went on the gorge trail... Holy stairs batman!! But it was worth every step!! Waterfalls were beautiful
- Scenic overlook on the gorge trail
- Take the shuttle to the top and then walk down, you will enjoy it without being out of breath!
- Don't pay $8 to park in the lower lot. Park in town for free and walk a few blocks to the entrance. Save your money.
- Beautiful after a rainfall.
- Hike the entire way up and the entire way back! Great workout and beautiful nature!
- It's always a good walk up. The last staircase will kill you. After you takes break at the top for awhile. Take the indian trail back down. Cross the bridge and go down to couches staircase.
- Park closes at sundown. Go after some wine tasting, maybe after a late lunch. Lots of stairs, bring a camera. So worth it.
- Bring a good pair of comfortable hikers or sneakers with good treads. Gorgeous place, also slippery in places. Be careful, but enjoy the journey!!
- It's a must in the Finger Lakes but the stairs (especially at the end going up) are tough. Good news is you can reward yourself with local beer or wine at the end and take a shuttle back to the bottom
- Next time, I take the bus to the top and walk down.
- The focus of USS Accord's Watkins Glen Weekend. A beautiful state park in New York's Finger Lakes region, STARFLEET chapter USS Accord holds a hike each fall. Everyone is invited to join in!
- When hiking with little ones it's good to take the shuttle to the top and hike it down. Shuttle is $3 pp over age 5
- Creek going through the gorge is really high right now. You will get wet!
- Despite what other tippers claim, the views walking from the bottom up are better, so suck-it-up and get ready to climb some stairs!
- Prepare for the hike! If you need to take it easy on stairs, start at the top and walk down, but make sure the free shuttle is running that day to get you back up. Ice cream at the bottom too!
- Get here early!! By 10am there are bus loads of tourists taking photos from every angle. Get here early to enjoy the scenic views to yourself.
- Another of the state parks in the area with breathtaking nature walks along waterfalls and gorges.