Washington Square Fountain
- the best view in the city is from within the fountain, late at night, during/after a rainstorm. sit on the south-east ledge, you can see the fountain, the arch, 5th ave, and the empire state building
- Original fountain installed 1852. Current fountain from 1872. 1960s city tried to stop music here. On 4/9/61 approx 500 musicians led by Izzy Young led Beatnik Riot to protest. Full history via<LINK>
- Nuttiest squirrels in NYC.
- The foutain is perfect for toddlers to practice their scooters and push bikes before they fill it with water. Best in the early hours. Parents are chill too.
- This is my favorite place on the world. Treat it with respect.
- Look northwest for the Empire State Building. Look south for the Freedom Tower.
- When the fountain is off, stand in the very middle of the inner circular platform. Speak normally, and your voice will be amplified as it is reverted back to you!
- Lounge, people watch, enjoy a cold drink and try not to get hustled
- Best arrangement of water ever
- The best fountain
- Great accent in middle of the park
- Classic NYC.
- Look for the wizard.
- No water in the winter? No problem. Plenty of performers use space as their stage.
- Quando eu no me achei .... Parei aqui e descobri vrios estudantes ..... Incio 5 Avenida nmero 1 ....
- Beautiful fountain with an impressive triumphal arch as a backdrop.
- Every time I visit NYC I come here to hang out and people watch. Beautiful year round.
- My favorite park in New York City. Great for people watching... It's full of characters.
- Amazing place to people watch and enjoy live music
W 4th St (btwn MacDougal St & University Pl)
btwn Broadway & Union Sq E (btwn E 14th & E 17th St)
Washington Square Park