Park, Plaza, Playground
210 W Washington Sq (btwn Locust & Walnut St)
Philadelphia, PA 19106
- For the Apollo 14 mission, astronaut Stuart Roosa carried along 400-500 seeds which stayed with him as he orbited the Moon. At this location find the sycamore Moon Tree.
- 2 sights not to be missed! Check out the "Moon tree" and the tomb of the Unknown soldier of which the eternal flame burns, a tribute to all our men and women in the "Armed forces"
- Step 1: Buy engagement ring from Jeweler's Row. Step 2: Come to Washington Square to propose. Step 3: Live awesomely ever after.
- Sleepy, sweet park great for relaxing, picnic'ing and people watching. Eat your heart out, Rittenhouse!
- Did you know the movie National Treasure starring Nicolas Cage was filmed here?
- Much better than Rittenhouse Square! Peaceful and not as crowded because it's a lot bigger and cleaner. Used to be a graveyard in the 1700's and it's one of the 1st five squares William Penn laid.
- A very quiet peaceful place to eat lunch, dinner, or picnic.
- There's dead people buried under this park. A lot of them.
- Apparently there were 2000 bodies buried here during the times of our founding fathers... How's that picnic??
- Did you know? Washington Square was one of Philadelphias five original squares laid out in 1682. Known as Southeast Square, it served as a cemetery from about 1704 until 1794.
- Be nice to the homeless people. They have great stories.
- 7 HABITS HIGHLY EFFECTIVES THIKING
- if you dont have some grounding in the private victory it will be difficuly to think ... ...
- Did you know it is one of the 5 original squares William Penn laid down? It's true!
- Walked here today to soak in some rays. It was lovely to see so many people enjoying the weather and park!
- Beautiful park!
- Thousands of dead bodies beneath your feet!
- Keep your dog on a leash or risk a $75 fine from park rangers!
- Very nice park to walk your dog, catch up on some reading or just relaxing enjoying the view. It really looks beautiful just hitting Spring season as the trees and flowers start to bloom.
- Be careful of squirrels!