Beach, Surf Spot
Wailea Alanui Dr.
Kīhei, HI 96753
- Keep your eyes peeled for endangered monk seals. There are only approximately 1,200 remaining, and they often come to this beach.
- Beautiful! Nicest sand at any beach, so soft
- Another beautiful summer swell.... 4 to 6 feet!!!
- Go jogging in Wailea early in the morning while it's still quiet.
- Nice place...
- Hands down our favourite beach in Maui. The sand and beach are perfect, water is perfect to swim in & if you come in the evening, you'll get a breathtaking sunset.
- Be sure to ask for a complimentary umbrella & lawn chair if you are a hotel guest (based upon availability)
- best sands in Maui!
- Best snorkel spot i saw all vacaton long, including a snorkel tour. Water was perfect temp.
- Gorgeous beach and terrific sunsets. Recommend watching them up the hill by the four seasons. Softest sand on this beach and the water is gentle and crystal clear.
- Softest sand we have ever felt anywhere. That includes other beaches on Maui, Kauai, Florida, Key West as well as Italy, Tahiti and all the West Indies.
- Great waves but when they say dangerous shore break, they mean it. You might get tossed around a bit if you're not careful.
- Beautiful spot to take in some sun and warm water
- Seriously the best sand ever! Go early in the day when the waves are calm. Love it!
- Great public (free) beach with easy access to awesome snorkeling. Look along rocks to south for lots of stuff. Saw a turtle there that had to be 5 ft long and a few hundred pounds.
- Great beach to spend the day. Beware of the monthly jellyfish (Box & Man-o-war) swarms around 7-10 days after the full moon each month. See 808jellyfish.com for more info. Aloha!
- Blue umbrella are free for Wailea hotel guest
- Kayak rental for $25. Saw several large sea turtles!
- No damage from the tsunami on 3/11/11