The Virginia Creeper Trail
Abingdon, VA 24210
- VA Creeper Trail Club nonprofit cares for the trail. www.vacreepertrail.org to donate or get involved.
- Photo Tip: Drive out Watauga Road from Highway 58 to find one of the highest and longest trestles with just a five minute walk. A towering nearby tree provides an excellent backdrop at sunset.
- Photo Tip: Start out at the trail head in Abingdon to immediately catch a beautiful trestle that is usually busy during sunset with bicyclists, joggers, and families.
- Watch out for horse poo!
- Enjoy the trail but leash your dogs and call out passing left for those who are walking/biking...enjoy the most beautiful trail around!
- Try to meet Lawrence Dye. 79 yrs old. Rides the entire trail Abingdon to Whitetop several days a week. Over 157,000 lifetime miles on the VCT.
- Great environment to enjoy alone or with family and friends.
350 Park St SE (Lee Hwy)
Virginia Creeper National Recreation Trail
380 E Main St (at Deadmore St)