Evening of entertainment honoring military to benefit Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes
Leesburg, VA (RestaurantNews.com) This Veterans Day, as Americans across the globe pause to honor the men and women who have protected our freedoms for generations, a very special event will take place here in Leesburg.
The “Salute Our Heroes Night” will be held on Friday, Nov. 11, at West Belmont Place. The evening of delicious food and inspirational entertainment will raise funds for the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes, a leading not-for-profit organization dedicated to rebuilding the lives of severely wounded veterans of the global War on Terror. The Coalition is based in Leesburg.
Among the highlights of the evening:
- Dinner hosted by award-winning actor Jack Scalia (All My Children)
- Inspirational messages from SSG Shilo Harris, combat-wounded veteran and author of Steel Will, and Corporal Donny Daughenbaugh, USMC (Ret.)
- A special comedic performance by U.S. Paralympics Team Bronze Medalist, Hometown Hero and Loudoun Valley High School graduate Rob Jones, USMC (Ret.)
Cocktails will be available for purchase from 6:30 – 7:15 p.m., followed by a delicious three-course dinner, auction and patriotic gift.
“We invite folks from all across Northern Virginia and the Capitol Region to join us this Veterans Day as we honor all those who have stood on the wall in defense of our freedoms,” said David Walker, CEO of the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes. “In addition to raising funds to support combat-wounded veterans, we are sure to be inspired and entertained throughout the evening by four very impressive men: Jack, Shilo, Donny and Rob.”
Tickets for “Salute Our Heroes Night” are $100 each. Sponsorships are also available. To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit saluteheroes2016.eventbrite.com.
About the Coalition
Since its establishment in 2004, the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes has provided an immediate, invaluable lifeline to thousands of America’s combat-wounded veterans. The Leesburg, VA-based organization is distinguished from other veteran-focused groups by its direct financial assistance to America’s wounded heroes. Its Emergency Financial Aid program has stopped foreclosure proceedings on veterans’ homes and kept their vehicles from being repossessed. Its innovative Heroes Thanking Heroes program provides transitional, part-time, flexible employment to nearly 50 combat-wounded veterans or their primary caregivers, enabling them to make phone calls from their homes, usually to personally thank donors for their contributions to the Coalition.
For more information on the Coalition, and to learn how you can support its mission, visit www.saluteheroes.org. Combat-wounded/disabled OIF/OEF/OND veterans are invited to join the Coalition and expand their camaraderie network by enrolling in the Veteran Circle program at http://saluteheroes-vetcircle.org.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them