Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
Historic Site, History Museum, National Park
- If you look across the Hudson, you'll see a group of buildings that look like a monastery. Frederick Vanderbilt bought the land and helped the order build it in order to preserve his view & privacy.
- If you have time hike the trail that circles the estate and if its open head down to Bard Rock which gets you right down to the riverfront. Also, check out the gardens on the south part of the estate.
- When you come to the Vanderbilt NHS dont forget to go to the Roosevelt sites just a couple miles south.it makes for a great day of history and fun
- Go to the Italian Gardens and enjoy the flowers.
- When you visit during extreme hot weather, the tour will not take you to the upper level. The main floor is not disappointing, nonetheless.
- Another cool historic place to check out. The only way to see the mansion is to take the guided tour, takes about an hour. No photos allowed, unfortunately.
- The most beautiful place in hyde park
- Great glimpse of the Vanderbilt lifestyle; our guide had great information about the people & the times that brought the experience alive for us. Really happy we went there.
- Near sunset, this place is a hot spot for artists of all kinds. Check out the overlook by the 15 minute parking, I bet someone is strumming a guitar or painting.
- Fun to enjoy the opulence with a friend.
- Love the Italian gardens. Go visit Kate by the pond.
- Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The grounds are very well kept and there are nice pathways to walk around on.
- I have visited the Vanderbilt many times and will do so many more. The house and gardens are beautiful! The house and grounds are a must see during each season.
- Renovations really interfere with the experience. I'll be coming back once they're done.
- this is a beautiful place to take a walk with your dog. they also have 1 hour tours of the house, which are pretty lit and informative
- Scenic views of the Hudson. The wooded trail to the river would be perfect for jogging. The entire site is well-maintained and relaxing. Perfect meeting place.
- Very nice historic site. Awesome sites and amazing artifacts from one of the wealthiest families in America really cool site to see. Great grounds to walk around on a beautiful day.
- Great house, informative guides and beautiful grounds, check it out
- Nice to come and take a walk even if your not interested in going in the mansion.
- Gorgeous estate that offers breathtaking views & a glimpse into the finer sides of life from many years ago. Pack a picnic & enjoy a staple of the Hudson Valley.