Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre
Comedy Club, Performing Arts, Theater
5919 Franklin Ave (at Bronson Ave.)
Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Go see "Last Day of School" and "Convoy." for $5 at 11 p.m. on Thursdays - two of the most seasoned and reliably hilarious improv teams in town. Also offering affordable and excellent improv classes!
- Cagematch, Facebook, Harold Night, Maude Night. ASSSSCAT, Last Day of School, Shitty Jobs and so many more great weekly shows to see here! Plus, you might spot a celebrity!
- Adam McKay, co-founder of Funny or Die (a 2011 Most Innovative Company), was also a founding member of this comedy club, whose alumni include Amy Poehler, Rachel Dratch, and Jack McBrayer.
- LA: The UCB showcases sketch comedy at its best. Pay a $5 cover for access to comedy's future stars! -IFC Staff
- Here seeing the birthday boys. Check them out!
- Hilarious shows at reasonable prices
- ASSSSCAT on Saturday nights is never a letdown. (And carpool.)
- The Facebook show on Wednesdays is a must-see; Get tickets a few days in advance - $5. Line up no later than 30 minutes before the show starts. Bring food, booze, whatever. Always hilarious.
- Take in a show, they're super cheap (Only $5) and almost always funny!
- See last day of school and convoy on Thursday night ... It will change your mind.
- See up-and-coming comedians for $10 or less.
- If there was one thing I could do all day every day, it would be to live in the UCB Theatre. By far the best experience you'll have out here in terms of comedy,, improv, and theatre overall
- The 11:00 PM show on Thursday nights is a must-see: Convoy and The Last Day of School txt Message Show. Get your tickets early, because it sells out! Get there early, too!
- LA Weekly's Best of LA 2010 pick - Best Lessons In Hilarity!
- This is the best place in the world.
- Bring your own beer. Just make sure to put it in a bag so they don't see it when you walk in.
- Some of the sketches are hit and miss, but always a good time. Sometimes you'll get some really funny (and semi-famous) comedians!
- Even if ASSSSCAT is sold out weeks in advance online, come a few hours early and buy a ticket to any of their other improv shows. Add your name to the wait list, you'll very likely get in to the show!
- Must stand behind the pink chalk line.
- Almost every show is funny. Love this place. Better than most movies.