Most college students still find themselves in a tug-of-war between childhood and adulthood and I am certainly no exception. For example, I go out to dinner with my friends to some of the best restaurants in Boston but sometimes find myself staring longingly at that plate of butter and Parmesan cheese doused spaghetti in front of the highchair. We’re almost there, but admittedly not quite at our final destination. For this reason I bring you dessert pancakes. So put down the bag of sugar that you’ve already half-emptied into your morning cheerios and make yourself a grown-up breakfast that’s just as sweet and twice as delicious.
1. Red Velvet Pancakes – These chocolatey, deep-red pancakes are made complete with a cream cheese frosting (and extra dusting of cocoa of course)
2. Apple Tarte Tatin Pancakes - With sliced apples in the batter, you won’t even need to cut a fruit salad
4. Peach Streusel Pancakes – Layers of sweetened Greek yogurt and homemade streusel separate this stack of peach-packed pancakes from the crowd
5. Chocolate Cake Pancakes – Fluffy and cake-y and just like the real thing…need I say more? Get the recipe here
6. Pie Pancakes - Yep, you read that right: this recipe asks you to throw chunks of leftover pie into a plain pancake base (perfect for a post-holiday brunch)
7. Lemon Bar Pancakes – Accompanied by lemon curd and a shortbread crumble, the only thing differing these from a lemon bar is the fact that they require a fork
You might also be interested in:
More food porn ahead:
The post Turn Your Favorite Dessert Into Tomorrow’s Breakfast Pancakes appeared first on Spoon University.