If you're looking for an authentic Hawaiian experience in the heart of Atlanta, look no further than Trader Vic's. Polynesian cuisine and Pacific-inspired tropical cocktails dominate the menu. Trader Vic, famous for the name of the restaurant but even more famous for the invention of the Mai Tai, was a mixologist himself, and the cocktail menu of the restaurant reflects it! The Orginial Mai Tai is their signature drink (they have served over 45,000 at the Atlanta location alone!). Other fun drinks include the 'Rum Keg' which serves four people 'Atlanta's Own Peachtree Punch'. Popular food items include Indonesian 'Chicken Satay and Wok Stir-Fried Seafood'.
Cocktail, Restaurant, Lounge
$ $ $
- Love this place. $6 Mai tai's on Thursdays. Super strong. Just LOVE it.
- Dont mess with greatness. Theirs is the original Mai Tai, and its on CLs list of100 Dishes to eat before you die.
- Thursday nights is Mai Tai Madness night where you can listen to live music from Tongo Hiti while drinking on $5 Mai Tais.
- Try the Mai Tai, they invented it. Also, catch Tongo Hiti play on most Thursday nights. They're an experience.
- Try the Rum Barrel - Round two, begin.
- Don't come hungry because you will be waiting a long time!
- Mai Tai Thursday
- Thursday Mai Tai Nights are the one to hit, be sure the mind-bending Tongo Hiti is playing.
- Oh, rum, you old devil. You've done it again...
- Don't forget to get your parking validation!
- Joel....enough said.
- Best drinks and food in Atlanta, a little pricey, but it is my favorite spot.
- Drink a mai tai, then start with the calamari. Get the filet! If you see a werewolf w/perfect hair, buy him a pina colada. Bip!
- The steak is amazing!
- Even for a local, this is a fun place to visit. Authentic Tiki bar (with the decor, food, and drink), very friendly & welcoming. Ribs were sinfully good. We went on rainy day for a fun mood lift.
- Place is awesome. Dont have the old mai tai glasses but still awesome
- Old school tiki bar! The decor hasnt changed since the 70s, so its a really beautiful time capsule. The drinks are classic tiki... strong! The classic mai tai does not disappoint :)
- Great band
- The Mai-Tai's are delicious, but dangerous. Don't limit yourself to the stuff you know, try something new, it's all good, and if you hate it, the staff will get you something else.
- The Cocktails