Tim Hortons® Launches First Interactive Holiday Cup -- Phones & Filters Not Needed
New Winter Cups, Coffee and Baked Goods Encourage Fans to Spread the Cheer of the Holidays
NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TIM HORTONS® is encouraging guests to stay off their phones as they get into the holiday spirit with the launch of the brand's special edition holiday-themed cups. The interactive cups, designed to look like various cheerful "filters," one for each size cup, transform fans into their favorite festive characters such as a snowman, reindeer or toy soldier while they enjoy their favorite Tim Hortons beverage.
Guests can pair the interactive cups with a wide range of new festive baked goods and beverages, including:
- Cinnamon Bun Iced Coffee: Iced coffee with frosted cinnamon bun flavor
- Gingerbread Brewed Coffee: Our signature original blend coffee with a hint of gingerbread flavor
- Gingerbread Iced Capp: Our signature blended frozen coffee beverage with a hint of gingerbread flavor topped with whipped topping and gingerbread spices
- Chocolate Mint Filled Cookie: Chocolate cookie filled with mint filling and topped with mint chips
- Holiday Vanilla Dip Timbit®: Vanilla donut with red frosting and green sprinkles
- Mint Chip Timbits®: Glazed mint chip donut
- Red Velvet Timbits®: Glazed chocolatey red velvet donut hole
The new menu offerings will join Tim Hortons holiday favorites such as Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Powdered Sugar Timbits, Red Velvet Muffin and more. All menu items and winter-themed cups are available in U.S. restaurants through the holiday season or while supplies last.
"We are thrilled to ring in the return of the holidays with our new seasonal cups, coffees and baked goods," said Matthew Bresnahan, Head of US Marketing Tim Hortons. "We look forward to welcoming our guests with their favorite Tim Hortons classics that warm their day and spread cheer in a fun and unique way as they celebrate this wonderful time of the year."
For a cheerful stocking stuffer or affordable gift for anyone on your list, Tim Hortons offers the Tim Card®, available in any denomination. Tim Cards are available for purchase at participating Tim Hortons restaurants, or from the comfort of your own home online or on Facebook.
Tim Hortons® Overview
TIM HORTONS®, part of Restaurant Brands International, is one of North America's largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, TIM HORTONS® appeals to a broad range of consumer tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. As of June 30, 2016, TIM HORTONS® had more than 4,400 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and the Middle East. More information about the Company is available at www.timhortons.com.
About Restaurant Brands International
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with approximately $23 billion in system sales and over 19,000 restaurants in approximately 100 countries and U.S. territories. Restaurant Brands International owns two of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS® and BURGER KING®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees, and communities for over 50 years. To learn more about Restaurant Brands International, please visit the Company's website at www.rbi.com.
For more information, please contact:
Alison Brod Marketing + Communications
SOURCE Tim Hortons
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record